[Ancientartifacts] 'Good' Seller with poor COA

Hi everyone,
 
I am having a problem with a piece of ancient pottery which I bought last year from a dealer who is on the 'good' list and who is a regular contributor to this Group. I will refrain from giving his name for the time being.
 
I have discovered that the pot is more restored that his COA described. His COA has a 'Description' section setting out the age and culture of the piece and also its condition which is said to be 'extremely good'. The COA also says:
 
"I guarantee that to the best of my knowledge and belief the above described antiquity is authentic and from the period given. Should this piece ever be shown to be other than as described we will gladly refund the full purchase price."
 
The seller is refusing to refund my money on the grounds that the COA's description refers solely to authenticity not to condition. But the 'Description' section does also refer to condition.
 
It seems to me that condition cannot be dissociated from authenticity here. If the seller had intended to do this he would have had a separate section in the COA entitled 'Condition'.
 
Either the COA is a serious document to be taken at face value or not. This seller appears to be dodging his responsibilities.   
 
I would value your opinions and advice.
 
Cheers,
Stephen Churley

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE