[Ancientartifacts] Re: Cypriot jug

Hello,

I don't know anything about the current condition of the jug but I
tend to agree with Ernie that it is always understood that an item
needs to be returned in the exact condition it was sold. I offer a
money back guarantee but I would not accept a piece that has been
altered.
Is there no non-destructive test, like UV, that could have been used?

Steve

--- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, <Passtoant@...> wrote:
>
> Hello all.
> For some strange reason I have received no postings regarding the
subject item.
> Stephen Chruley is partly correct in what I have seen.
> The jug has been restored as stated in my CoA. However, I hold that
the jug was altered by his application of acetone and is not in the
same condition as when it was shipped to him. I also believe he has
an ulterior motive in demanding a refund.
> When the jug was delivered to him he advised me in an
email ......"The piece arrived today and I am very pleased with it. I
have been wanting one of these for some time and they don't often
appear on the market. Although the handle has been re-attached and
there is some restoration to the rim, I think it's a pretty good
example for the price. The burnished red colour is lovely.
> And there were no Customs charges or VAT!
> Thanks again and best wishes."
>
> I hold that Mr. Churley found a jug in better condition that he
wanted more then the one in which he expressed so much pleasure and
now wants a refund. I will not give him one. And, the jug was
in "extremely good condition."
>
> I made no claims that the CoA referred solely to the authenticity
and not to condition. I did state that the jug had been restored.
>
> Mr. Chruley is correct in that condition cannot be dissociated from
authenticity and that is the reason that both are addressed in my
CoA's.
>
> Thank you
> Tim, can you explain whey I am not receiving posts?
> Ernie Krumbein
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE