[Ancientartifacts] Re: Guide to Responsible Collecting - Working on Point (8)

For a piece which I aquired a few years ago...an Egyptian Mummy Mask,
I now believe it to be fake. I believe this because I can't find
any information about the dealer who issued the COA, the price i paid
at the time was too low compared to similiar pieces I've seen, I
purchased it off of ebay (large percentage of fakes, so doubting I
got lucky), comments from people on this group agree that more than
likely its fake, and the wood doesn't seem old enough. My plan for
the item if I'm 100% convinced its fake is to put something on the
back of it and hang it on the wall for decoration. The problem is I
worry about, what if its real? So, before putting something in the
back of it, I plan to have someone look at in person and give me a
more definitive yes or no, but I highly believe its fake.

--- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, Rlcirulli1@... wrote:
>
> Hi Tarquin,
>
> On this point:
>
> If
> you are unable to return it, dispose of it with consideration so
that it can
> not be used to
> deceive again.
>
>
> Could I suggest you add here about marking it properly, the way it
is worded
> here, it sounds like we are just suggesting that if you get a fake,
you
> should dispose of it, instead of marking it and possibly using as a
learning or
> teaching example. This is especially true if we are going to rely
on them to
> click on a link to get to the FAQs
>
> Robyn
>
>
>
> **************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking
with
> Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4?
&NCID=aolfod00030000000002)
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE