[Ancientartifacts] Re: re ebay seller ancientgifts and others

Hi Chris.Again.Please let me know the names of those dealers you
have bought authentic from and subsequently were put on list of
sellers
of fakes.
Ramon Saenz de Heredia
In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "chris simons"
<chris.egyptmania@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Ramon Jr
> I was just really trying to say I have bought items from dealers
that
> subsequently were put on list of sellers of fakes and the items I
have
> bought have been genuine!!! I am sure many dealers in the group have
> unknowingly sold a item that was a fake. Thank you Chris
>
> -------Original Message-------
>
> From: Ramon Jr
> Date: 03/06/2008 08:05:12
> To: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Re: re ebay seller ancientgifts and
others
>
> Hi Chris Simons.Please let me know what sellers do you think should
> not be in the blacklist.byblosantiques,tyre-art,hermescrafts etc ?
> I am still waiting for an answer on the percentage of fakes this
> crooks are selling
> Ramon Saenz de Heredia
> BTW. --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "chris simons"
> <chris.egyptmania@> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > -------Original Message-------
> > Hi Arend agree with you to a point some of the members are
expert!!
> For
> > example Tim-shabtis, Ernie - all Egyptian items Rolf- all
Egyptian
> items and
> > a lot more dealers who really know there artifacts, but I do feel
> that some
> > are being as you say pathologically shouting fake, I learn a lot
> from this
> > group but some times my head spins at what is good and what
isn't,
> the
> > danger here is by accusing a seller of dealing in fakes you are
in
> some
> > cases depriving dealers of earning money, I still maintain there
> are grey
> > areas where a seller may not be aware that they are selling a
> fake. Chris
> > From: Arend Bosscher
> > Date: 01/06/2008 23:10:08
> > To: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: Re: [Ancientartifacts] re ebay seller ancientgifts
> >
> > Hi,
> > Reading the mail exchange in Ancientartifacts now for the past
few
> days I am
> > getting convinced that most contributors are pathologically
> inclined to call
> > everything --FAKE-- No one bothers to specify what makes them
think
> so; not
> > even when repeatedly invited to do so. I have decided to further
> ignore this
> > bunch of self-declared experts though I will continue reading
their
> comments
> > as they are, sometimes at least, quite hilarious. You for one
> proved my
> > point.
> > Arend Bosscher.
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----
> > From: "fiddle01@" <fiddle01@>
> > To: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Sunday, June 1, 2008 9:51:39 PM
> > Subject: [Ancientartifacts] re ebay seller ancientgifts
> >
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just a quick message as a follow up to my dealings with the ebay
> > seller ancientgifts. Now a few months ago I purchased a roman
> > intaglio from this seller and was delighted with the product
until
> I
> > read some of the poor reviews that the guy has been getting of
> late.
> > I decided to get a second opinion of the intaglio from one of my
> > fellows on this site, and was natrualy slightly peeved to find
that
> > the opoinion was, that the item is fake.
> >
> > Well I feel I must let you all know that since then I have taken
> the
> > intaglio to a national roman museaum and it has been examined by
> the
> > expert in such items and just come back to me as totally genuine.
I
> > feel that it is worth mentioning this as it would seem our freind
> > from Ancientgifts is getting an awful lot of bad press, now I
> wonder
> > if it is all justified?
> >
> > One thing I can tell you is that when I had firstly found the
item
> > was maybe fake? I did contact ancient gifts, and he was
absolutely
> > adamant that it is genuine. I recieved pages of mail and info
from
> > the guy..in the end he offered full money back if I was still not
> > satisfied. What was really impressive is that the expert at the
> > museaum came up with the same date and iconography as the seller,
I
> > have not just jumped to a conclusion here I have done my own
> research.
> >
> > Happy Hunting
> >
> > Kit
> >
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE