Re: [Ancientartifacts] Antiqus 2000, John Andrews

Chris,

John Andrews (Antiqus 2000) is NOT a reputable dealer.  He sold me a very sophisticated fake mummy mask (cost me £ 5000!) complete with fake letters of authentication from the British Museum and even one supposedly written by Sir Wallis Budge in 1920 - these were very very convincing forgeries.  I've been collecting for 30 years and he conned me.  I can verify that if you ask John Andrews for your money back - he does not want to  know!  Name me another dealer who has a 'two week' guarantee period!  TL and radiocarbon dating take far longer than that.  The only way it appears to get a refund from John Andrews is through the courts.

If you have bought from John Andrews you should have your items checked by a qualified museum professional - not some self-declared expert in this group.  If you don't want to be conned DON'T BUY from John Andrews - Antiqus 2000 on Ebay!  Believe me, I know.

Best regards,

Guy

chris simons <chris.egyptmania@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Dik thank you so much but I had my items looked at cones one verified by very learned person on this group who did not know seller and other items all were genuine.  I cannot comment on the items you speak about what I'm trying to say not very clearly obviously as don't seem to be getting my point over is you have to judge each item on its own merits, not accuse a seller of his items being all fake when they are not hence a "Grey zone" or I"we have found that this seller may in the past be selling fakes" but who am I only a hospice nurse!!!!!!!!!! Chris
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 07/06/2008 21:56:29
Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Antiqus 2000, John Andrews
 
Hi Chris,
 
Antiqus 2000 sold some genuine items but mostly high end fake items or partly original items that were heavily modified . A few years back he had some nice Egyptian items which turned out to be fake. I have a very nice Ba-bird in my collection (I paid around 1000 euro for it) and after examination it turned out to be a very sophisticated fake. John Andrews did not want to discuss this matter because he stated he had a two weeks guarantee on his items and I was just too late.
 
As for the items you bought, I sincerely hope for you that you want be disappointed when you ask some scholars about there opinion concerning your pieces.
 
As for Ramon, imho he is a scholar with a very good eye and I did not see him make any mistake concerning Egyptian items. If he does not know, he asks.
 
Carpe diem,
Dik
 
 
 
----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Ontvangen: zaterdag 7 juni 2008 21:18
Onderwerp: Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Real or fake Opinions please
 
Hello Brett I am not saying Ramon is paranoid!!!! I am just stating that unless you are a real expert and even these make mistakes you cannot judge wether a item from a photograph is genuine, then actually  accusing some one of always selling fakes! When items have been bought from them that have been kosha, you are condemning them to always being a dealer in fake.  Know I am not a expert just love my collection!! But my son is and there are many people on this group who are also experts!!!  Often the case may be that the actual dealers are not aware of the facts behind a artifact!! Of course there are ones who are and I applaud any attempts to remove them  from E.Bay I have bought from Malter Gallery genuine items Antiqus 2000 genuine items Ernie's items always as stated I know Ramon is a diplomat, but what qualification does he have to judge say Egyptian items!! Many thanks to this group for all the knowledge I have  obtained Chris
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Brett
Date: 06/06/2008 15:05:58
Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Real or fake Opinions please
 
Hey Ramon,
Just because you are paranoid doesn,t mean it is not a fake.
Or something like that. Thanks for your work.
Brett

--- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon Jr" <rsdeheredia@...>
wrote:
>
> Hi Brett.Many thanks.He already was in group blacklist.
> But after Chris Simons post on paranoid ,or was it
> pathological cry wolf, sorry, cry fake instincts, I have decided
> to ask for opinions.
> Ramon Saenz de
Heredia
> In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <anasazi61@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ramon,
> > FAKE, as are all his items. He could be a star on the fakes list.
> > I have sent him messages about his fakes, but he does not care.
> > Brett
> > www.lostworldartifacts.com
> >
> >
> > --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon Jr"
<rsdeheredia@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ancientworld7
> > > Not a fox. A llama.
> > > 290236682986
> > > Ramon Saenz de Heredia
> > >
> >
>

 



 




__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE