Re: [Ancientartifacts] Guidelines for Responsible Collectors

Trevor,
 
Cornell is actually about 4 to 5 hours from New York City.  Upstate New York.  My closest possibilities for a good museum are Rochester or Syracuse, both about 2 hours away.
 
I was in Egypt about 18 months ago, and nearly every shop in the tourist areas has literally hundreds of shabtis and scrabs in baskets for 1 or 2 Egyptian pounds each.  I was actually given many by the shop owners.  One shop owner tried to sell me an amulet of Bes for 500 pounds which was about $100 US at the time.  He said "but it's a copy of an original"  Yeah, it's a COPY!  When he figured out that I wasn't that stupid, he treated me with a lot more respect.   If you look in the tourist shops, and I of course looked in almost every one, you will see many of the same things you see on ebay.  Enjoy your trip though, I thought it was awesome.
 
Robyn




Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE