Re: [Ancientartifacts] Guidelines for Responsible Collectors

Hey Trevor,
 
I live near Cornell University.  They have the Johnson Art Museum, but I've been there, and believe me it's nothing special, and no Egyptian stuff.  Not sure about teaching collections, though.
 
I would love to sit there and do conservation work, that would be fascinating, but I wouldn't even attempt any kind of restoration!
 
I don't think of things like that in terms of what they are worth, I think they are all beautiful, even the badly deteriorated ones.  For me it's more of a connection to a culture and a time that I've always loved, rather than a "look what I've got and what it's worth attitude", so no worries there:)
 
I'm sure they have an archaeology dept, and more than likely an Egyptology dept,  I would imagine they have the students doing the stuff they need, but I'll still check into it.  I'll have to wait a while, though, life is pretty full at the moment, been on the run for the last 14 hrs today.
 
I'll suggest the link to Tarquin for the lost art register in the FAQ's.
 
Robyn




Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE