Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Bad seller's list

>>it would be quicker to ask for a list of 'good' sellers!!

That is a pretty good idea.  Here, I'll even start off:

Even though I have been a little critical of Alfred today mostly because he apparently forgot that I'm a somewhat regular poster in some groups he moderates (We will see if I get booted soon), I believe Alfred to be honest and sells only artifacts he believes to be genuine.

Same, goes for the Herb that I have mentioned.  Several years ago I got involved in a spat with these guys.  I now believe I may have been a little hasty.  In the intervening years, I grown to have a fair amount of respect for Herb and I believe him to be a most honest dealer.

Anyone else, have anyone they would recommend?

I will repeat something that got me into my first flame war and my first Damnatio;
In a group that was set up to be a buyers club we had a couple of deadbeats who wouldn't pony up the cash once the goods were procured.  I suggested that they should be booted out of the group and forced to swim in that slimepit known at EBay with their own kind.  Damn, if the deadbeats didn't have apologists coming out of the ether and damning me as being a cruel and unfeeling hothead.  At that point I took the advice I saw on a BBS:  'Keep your head down, go along with the group, don't make waves or they will kick your teeth in".  Though, some of the time I just have to speak.  In one god-fearing group a member advocated executing most of the inhabitants of New Orleans during the Katrina debacle, I told that member 'Shame On You!', The rest of them joined with her and told me what a devil I am.  I don't know, I didn't advocate killing anyone, but I guess I'm just a retard who values humans more than water-logged dry goods.

Anyway I prefer unmoderated groups.

Bob

painter008 <painter008@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "francois.besnard"
<besnardf@...> wrote:
>
> --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "painter008" <painter008@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > Is there a list of bad sellers of pre-columbian artifacts? Thanks,
> > Adrian
> >
> Hello,
> I don't know if there is a specific list but we can start one with
an
> excellent candidate : "triad2002" this lady sell only fakes as fine
> antiquities.
>
Thanks Francois, perhaps, given the number of fake pc artifacts on
ebay, it would be quicker to ask for a list of 'good' sellers!! Here's
to more civil interaction in the group. Frankly I wouldn't buy a hotdog
from any of these rabid ranters let alone a Greek coin.


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE