Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Bronze idol

For clarification, what is happening with the 'weird email'...
 
You post a message to the group.  The group forwards that message to a party who has this type of mail filter in place, it comes 'from' your email address. 
 
You then receive an authorisation request at your email address from the other party, who may be someone who you don't know personally and have never sent mail to, but has received your post through being a group member. 
 
If, upon reflection, you are happy that this is what has taken place, then I advise replying to the mail, entering the code, etc. else your post won't be delivered to the party with the filter.
 
It's because of instances such as this that I don't use spam filters of this sort myself!
 
Tim
 
-- Original Message -----
 
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Bronze idol

Dear Tim,

Thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps I am  getting a bit to paranoid with all of the stuff going on on line.
Best Regards,
David
On Jun 15, 2008, at 5:27 AM, tuppennyblue wrote:


Hi David
 
Your messages are posted directly to the group, I don't have any editorial control over what you post.  I have not edited or truncated anything you (or anyone else) has posted.  I never edit posts.  Occasionally, posts from moderated members are rejected, but  I would return a post and ask for it to be resubmitted rather than edit it myself.
 
Nor have I sent any weird email!  I think what has happened here is that you may have replied to a member who has a pre-approval email filter in place - some services send out an email and ask for authentication of the sender by means of re-entering some rasterised digits.  I received one of these and Bron tells me that he has as well.  I am pretty sure they are harmless.  They do not emanate from either me or the group in any case.
 
Tim
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Bronze idol

Tim,

Why was the end of my message cut off I can not believe there was anything offensive in it just some book references relevant to the topic,  are you censoring simple academic discussion now?,and why did I receive a weird email regarding a "challenge response" which looked to me like some sort of Phishing scam. Please know if this came from you I do not risk responding to emails of this nature. You had better check as someone might have hijacked the list for their own purpose. 
Regards,
David
On Jun 13, 2008, at 6:25 PM, David Liebert wrote:

Dear Jason ,

With all do respect to you and Robert who I know to be expert in many areas, female bronze figures dating to the Bronze age particularly in the Levant are published in the archaeological Literature and represented in Many Museums.  Although often called Astarte figures it is not always clear which female deity is being represented, and sometimes because they are highly stylized it is unclear wether they are in fact male or female. They are also known as consort figures as they are frequently associated with the Male figures of similar type. For some more elaborate flat cast  figures with similar facial features particularly the prominent Nose see Ora Negbi Canaanite Gods in Metal Plates 57-59
This particular figure falls into the class called peg shaped. The "peg" shape is well known in the Near East  and I am afraid  has nothing to do with cosmetic applicator's which also exist in the area from various periods although I






No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG. 
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 270.3.0/1501 - Release Date: 6/13/2008 6:33 AM

 has notified the sender that this message has been received.




No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 270.3.0/1503 - Release Date: 6/14/2008 6:02 PM

has notified the sender that this message has been received.

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE