[AAEH] Re: Chinese bamboo

---Well, no one managed to comment on my carving. So, here is what
I've found out. It was made by a very talented guy called Zhu
Songling, (his signature took me a while to spot as its a
pictographic incorporation, actually a three pines motive) in 1557
for the pleasure of the then Emperor ChiaChing (who was a Daoist
fundementalist). Its very clever actually in that the Daoist sages
represented are actually eclectic Buddhists including the immortals
and the arahts, and incorporates many scholarly reference that only
an adept student of the art could identify). The title is first son /
man of heaven which is kind of an insult to the heavenly mandate
which is why I think it fell out of favour probably in the time of
Chien Long. God only knows how it ended up in an English auction
house in the late 30s / early 40's, but I do believe that somewhere
in the world there are drawings of it from antiquity - certainly a
poor but obvious copy of it from the Ching period sold recently at
Bonhams auction house. I have staked my claim at the British museum
and V&A (where I appraised all of the available literature), but thus
far the auction houses won't admit anything and I almost entered a
legal battle with Christies who refused to comment on my claims. It
has a small bit of damage to a tree and two heads missing which I
plan to get resored and replaced with the heads of Jesus and Chairman
Mao, notwithstanding that I sell it for my asking price of £4 000 000
which gains £1 000 000 every year on New Years Day (all subject to
verification by a well respected and beyond reproach third party -
say a university or museum such as the Boston, Oxford etc.). Yours
sincerely John.
P.S. I think that when I get the forensic report done myself it will
undoubtedly sell at auction as the work of Zhu Songling, which is
what it is. Until then I'll keep it nice and safe...
This piece of art is guaranteed for life as being free from all
fraudelent and negligent representations.


------------------------------------

To receive this email you joined this group. If you no longer wish to receive mail please go in and change your options at the club. You do not have to unsubscribe ie terminate membership in order to stop receiving mail.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AppraisalsAndExpertHelp/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AppraisalsAndExpertHelp/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:AppraisalsAndExpertHelp-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:AppraisalsAndExpertHelp-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
AppraisalsAndExpertHelp-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE