[AAEH] Re:what is my chair worth?

Christy,

Maybe, no probably no one in the group knows anyone reliable in Dallas
to handle your sales. Maybe there isn't anyone in the group from
Dallas, I don't know.

A place to get started is the phone book, under Estate Sales. The
people you find there will bill you one of two ways, just for the
appraisal of your items; either with an hourly fee, or a straight
price. It's important to find out which one up front.

To determine reliability, talk to your friends and relations, and see
if any of them have had any interaction with any of the businesses.


Bob

--- In AppraisalsAndExpertHelp@yahoogroups.com, Christy
<aparamedicintx@...> wrote:
>
>
> I just don't understand why someone would say to the group to do the
research and look stuff up yourself instead of complaining.
> I thought that's what people were doing, was looking things up, and
looking for where they could get information about antiques. Hence
joining the group.
> I myself was just looking for a place to get started. I asked
several weeks ago about where, if anyone knew, in Dallas, could I
possible contact some one regarding selling many different antiques. I
wasn't specific on what type. Just a general question. I never got an
answer. But I did continue to look into it. Plus continued the group
just like you to look at pictures and learn from others postings.
> I am by no means an expert on any type of antiques. I wish I could
help more. But I, like so many others am the one looking for help.
> Truth be told, this is the most activity I have ever seen on the list
> Christy in Texas
>
> Mama Dawg Bakery
> mamadawgbakery.com
> opening soon!
>
> --- On Thu, 7/17/08, chesrite@... <chesrite@...> wrote:
>
> From: chesrite@... <chesrite@...>
> Subject: Re: [AAEH] Re:what is my chair worth?
> To: AppraisalsAndExpertHelp@yahoogroups.com, redline60@...
> Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 6:09 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I apologize in advance to the list owner and moderators but have been
> following this thread and am appalled. While I have yet to ask about
some of my
> antiques I enjoy seeing the pictures and learning about what some of
you own.
>
> And I am amazed at Bob's knowledge in addition to his taking valuable
> time of his and answering 99.999% of the questions. And no......I
don't know
> Bob from a hole in the wall.
>
> It amazes me that some people expect someone to know what everything
> is. I worked for a brilliant couple of antique dealers but since
they didn't
> live in the *period* of some of the pieces and the number of
antiques out
> there it is impossible to know everything. Heck.......just watch
Antiques
> Roadshow and you will see MANY experts for the different types of
items brought
> in.
>
> Kudos to Bob and those who do take the time to try and be so helpful!
>
> Back off my soapbox now!
>
> Jody in MA
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> In a message dated 7/17/2008 8:22:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> beachlovers6751@ yahoo.com writes:
>
> Then don't you think that the name of this groups should be
changed?? Where
> is the expert help and appraisals if that's not what this group does?
>
> ************ **Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
> FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
> (http://www.fanhouse .com/fantasyaffa ir?ncid=aolspr00 050000000020)
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

------------------------------------

To receive this email you joined this group. If you no longer wish to receive mail please go in and change your options at the club. You do not have to unsubscribe ie terminate membership in order to stop receiving mail.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AppraisalsAndExpertHelp/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AppraisalsAndExpertHelp/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:AppraisalsAndExpertHelp-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:AppraisalsAndExpertHelp-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
AppraisalsAndExpertHelp-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE