[Ancientartifacts] Re: Antiqus 2000, John Andrews

Two points.
1.Letter supposedly written by Sir Wallis Budge in 1920 . I do not
know if it was manuscript . I do know that to fake old documents
old writing machines ( twenties,thirties) are used.Also old
paper.
2.Chris. No one has accused Antiqus2000 of selling all fake.
I do not like grey zones,and in my opinion dealers who
sell authentic and fake should be avoided by the responsible
collector.For the expert collector it should be easy ( some
mistakes could be made) to sort the good from the bad. Not so
for the newbie.If you buy from a seller of authentic and fakes you are
financing him to con more newbies.
Ramon Saenz de Heredia

--- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, Guy Rothwell
<ancientrelics@...> wrote:
>
> Chris,
>
> John Andrews (Antiqus 2000) is NOT a reputable dealer. He sold me
a very sophisticated fake mummy mask (cost me £ 5000!) complete with
fake letters of authentication from the British Museum and even one
supposedly written by Sir Wallis Budge in 1920 - these were very very
convincing forgeries. I've been collecting for 30 years and he
conned me. I can verify that if you ask John Andrews for your money
back - he does not want to know! Name me another dealer who has
a 'two week' guarantee period! TL and radiocarbon dating take far
longer than that. The only way it appears to get a refund from John
Andrews is through the courts.
>
> If you have bought from John Andrews you should have your items
checked by a qualified museum professional - not some self-declared
expert in this group. If you don't want to be conned DON'T BUY from
John Andrews - Antiqus 2000 on Ebay! Believe me, I know.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Guy
>
> chris simons <chris.egyptmania@...>
wrote: Hi Dik thank you so much but
I had my items looked at cones one verified by very learned person on
this group who did not know seller and other items all were genuine.
I cannot comment on the items you speak about what I'm trying to say
not very clearly obviously as don't seem to be getting my point over
is you have to judge each item on its own merits, not accuse a seller
of his items being all fake when they are not hence a "Grey zone" or
I"we have found that this seller may in the past be selling fakes"
but who am I only a hospice nurse!!!!!!!!!! Chris
>
> -------Original Message-------
>
> From: Dik van Bommel
> Date: 07/06/2008 21:56:29
> To: ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Antiqus 2000, John Andrews
>
>
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Antiqus 2000 sold some genuine items but mostly high end fake
items or partly original items that were heavily modified . A few
years back he had some nice Egyptian items which turned out to be
fake. I have a very nice Ba-bird in my collection (I paid around 1000
euro for it) and after examination it turned out to be a very
sophisticated fake. John Andrews did not want to discuss this matter
because he stated he had a two weeks guarantee on his items and I was
just too late.
>
> As for the items you bought, I sincerely hope for you that you
want be disappointed when you ask some scholars about there opinion
concerning your pieces.
>
> As for Ramon, imho he is a scholar with a very good eye and I did
not see him make any mistake concerning Egyptian items. If he does
not know, he asks.
>
> Carpe diem,
> Dik
>
>
>
> ----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
> Van: chris simons
> Aan: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> Ontvangen: zaterdag 7 juni 2008 21:18
> Onderwerp: Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Real or fake Opinions please
>
> Hello Brett I am not saying Ramon is paranoid!!!! I am just
stating that unless you are a real expert and even these make
mistakes you cannot judge wether a item from a photograph is genuine,
then actually accusing some one of always selling fakes! When items
have been bought from them that have been kosha, you are condemning
them to always being a dealer in fake. Know I am not a expert just
love my collection!! But my son is and there are many people on this
group who are also experts!!! Often the case may be that the actual
dealers are not aware of the facts behind a artifact!! Of course
there are ones who are and I applaud any attempts to remove them
from E.Bay I have bought from Malter Gallery genuine items Antiqus
2000 genuine items Ernie's items always as stated I know Ramon is a
diplomat, but what qualification does he have to judge say Egyptian
items!! Many thanks to this group for all the knowledge I have
obtained Chris
>
> -------Original Message-------
>
> From: Brett
> Date: 06/06/2008 15:05:58
> To: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Real or fake Opinions please
>
>
> Hey Ramon,
> Just because you are paranoid doesn,t mean it is not a fake.
> Or something like that. Thanks for your work.
> Brett
>
> --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon Jr" <rsdeheredia@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Brett.Many thanks.He already was in group blacklist.
> > But after Chris Simons post on paranoid ,or was it
> > pathological cry wolf, sorry, cry fake instincts, I have decided
> > to ask for opinions.
> > Ramon Saenz de
> Heredia
> > In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <anasazi61@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Ramon,
> > > FAKE, as are all his items. He could be a star on the fakes
list.
> > > I have sent him messages about his fakes, but he does not care.
> > > Brett
> > > www.lostworldartifacts.com
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon Jr"
> <rsdeheredia@>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ancientworld7
> > > > Not a fox. A llama.
> > > > 290236682986
> > > > Ramon Saenz de Heredia
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE