[Ancientartifacts] Re: Antiqus 2000, John Andrews

A third point .Only two weeks return policy for authenticity
is ridiculous.
I prefer and know dealers who have no time limit on the return of
items discovered to be non-authentic (usually called a lifetime
guarantee)and offer a full cash refund upon return of any such item,
including the cost of return shipping.
Ramon Saenz de Heredia
In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon Jr" <rsdeheredia@...>
wrote:
>
> Two points.
> 1.Letter supposedly written by Sir Wallis Budge in 1920 . I do not
> know if it was manuscript . I do know that to fake old documents
> old writing machines ( twenties,thirties) are used.Also old
> paper.
> 2.Chris. No one has accused Antiqus2000 of selling all fake.
> I do not like grey zones,and in my opinion dealers who
> sell authentic and fake should be avoided by the responsible
> collector.For the expert collector it should be easy ( some
> mistakes could be made) to sort the good from the bad. Not so
> for the newbie.If you buy from a seller of authentic and fakes you
are
> financing him to con more newbies.
> Ramon Saenz de Heredia
>
>
>
> --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, Guy Rothwell
> <ancientrelics@> wrote:
> >
> > Chris,
> >
> > John Andrews (Antiqus 2000) is NOT a reputable dealer. He sold
me
> a very sophisticated fake mummy mask (cost me £ 5000!) complete
with
> fake letters of authentication from the British Museum and even one
> supposedly written by Sir Wallis Budge in 1920 - these were very
very
> convincing forgeries. I've been collecting for 30 years and he
> conned me. I can verify that if you ask John Andrews for your
money
> back - he does not want to know! Name me another dealer who has
> a 'two week' guarantee period! TL and radiocarbon dating take far
> longer than that. The only way it appears to get a refund from
John
> Andrews is through the courts.
> >
> > If you have bought from John Andrews you should have your items
> checked by a qualified museum professional - not some self-declared
> expert in this group. If you don't want to be conned DON'T BUY
from
> John Andrews - Antiqus 2000 on Ebay! Believe me, I know.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Guy
> >
> > chris simons <chris.egyptmania@>
> wrote: Hi Dik thank you so much
but
> I had my items looked at cones one verified by very learned person
on
> this group who did not know seller and other items all were
genuine.
> I cannot comment on the items you speak about what I'm trying to
say
> not very clearly obviously as don't seem to be getting my point
over
> is you have to judge each item on its own merits, not accuse a
seller
> of his items being all fake when they are not hence a "Grey zone"
or
> I"we have found that this seller may in the past be selling fakes"
> but who am I only a hospice nurse!!!!!!!!!! Chris
> >
> > -------Original Message-------
> >
> > From: Dik van Bommel
> > Date: 07/06/2008 21:56:29
> > To: ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Antiqus 2000, John Andrews
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Antiqus 2000 sold some genuine items but mostly high end fake
> items or partly original items that were heavily modified . A few
> years back he had some nice Egyptian items which turned out to be
> fake. I have a very nice Ba-bird in my collection (I paid around
1000
> euro for it) and after examination it turned out to be a very
> sophisticated fake. John Andrews did not want to discuss this
matter
> because he stated he had a two weeks guarantee on his items and I
was
> just too late.
> >
> > As for the items you bought, I sincerely hope for you that you
> want be disappointed when you ask some scholars about there opinion
> concerning your pieces.
> >
> > As for Ramon, imho he is a scholar with a very good eye and I
did
> not see him make any mistake concerning Egyptian items. If he does
> not know, he asks.
> >
> > Carpe diem,
> > Dik
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
> > Van: chris simons
> > Aan: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> > Ontvangen: zaterdag 7 juni 2008 21:18
> > Onderwerp: Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Real or fake Opinions
please
> >
> > Hello Brett I am not saying Ramon is paranoid!!!! I am
just
> stating that unless you are a real expert and even these make
> mistakes you cannot judge wether a item from a photograph is
genuine,
> then actually accusing some one of always selling fakes! When
items
> have been bought from them that have been kosha, you are condemning
> them to always being a dealer in fake. Know I am not a expert just
> love my collection!! But my son is and there are many people on
this
> group who are also experts!!! Often the case may be that the
actual
> dealers are not aware of the facts behind a artifact!! Of course
> there are ones who are and I applaud any attempts to remove them
> from E.Bay I have bought from Malter Gallery genuine items Antiqus
> 2000 genuine items Ernie's items always as stated I know Ramon is a
> diplomat, but what qualification does he have to judge say Egyptian
> items!! Many thanks to this group for all the knowledge I have
> obtained Chris
> >
> > -------Original Message-------
> >
> > From: Brett
> > Date: 06/06/2008 15:05:58
> > To: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Real or fake Opinions please
> >
> >
> > Hey Ramon,
> > Just because you are paranoid doesn,t mean it is not a fake.
> > Or something like that. Thanks for your work.
> > Brett
> >
> > --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon Jr"
<rsdeheredia@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Brett.Many thanks.He already was in group blacklist.
> > > But after Chris Simons post on paranoid ,or was it
> > > pathological cry wolf, sorry, cry fake instincts, I have decided
> > > to ask for opinions.
> > > Ramon Saenz de
> > Heredia
> > > In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <anasazi61@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hi Ramon,
> > > > FAKE, as are all his items. He could be a star on the fakes
> list.
> > > > I have sent him messages about his fakes, but he does not
care.
> > > > Brett
> > > > www.lostworldartifacts.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon Jr"
> > <rsdeheredia@>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ancientworld7
> > > > > Not a fox. A llama.
> > > > > 290236682986
> > > > > Ramon Saenz de Heredia
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE