Re: [Ancientartifacts] Re: Bad seller's list

Robert Schneider wrote:
>
> >>it would be quicker to ask for a list of 'good' sellers!!
>
> That is a pretty good idea. Here, I'll even start off:
>
> Even though I have been a little critical of Alfred today mostly
> because he apparently forgot that I'm a somewhat regular poster in
> some groups he moderates (We will see if I get booted soon), I believe
> Alfred to be honest and sells only artifacts he believes to be genuine.
>
> Same, goes for the Herb that I have mentioned. Several years ago I
> got involved in a spat with these guys. I now believe I may have been
> a little hasty. In the intervening years, I grown to have a fair
> amount of respect for Herb and I believe him to be a most honest dealer.
>
> Anyone else, have anyone they would recommend?
>
> I will repeat something that got me into my first flame war and my
> first Damnatio;
> In a group that was set up to be a buyers club we had a couple of
> deadbeats who wouldn't pony up the cash once the goods were procured.
> I suggested that they should be booted out of the group and forced to
> swim in that slimepit known at EBay with their own kind. Damn, if the
> deadbeats didn't have apologists coming out of the ether and damning
> me as being a cruel and unfeeling hothead. At that point I took the
> advice I saw on a BBS: 'Keep your head down, go along with the group,
> don't make waves or they will kick your teeth in". Though, some of
> the time I just have to speak. In one god-fearing group a member
> advocated executing most of the inhabitants of New Orleans during the
> Katrina debacle, I told that member 'Shame On You!', The rest of them
> joined with her and told me what a devil I am. I don't know, I didn't
> advocate killing anyone, but I guess I'm just a retard who values
> humans more than water-logged dry goods.
>
> Anyway I prefer unmoderated groups.
>
> Bob
>
> */painter008 <painter008@yahoo.com>/* wrote:
>
> --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Ancientartifacts%40yahoogroups.com>, "francois.besnard"
> <besnardf@...> wrote:
> >
> > --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Ancientartifacts%40yahoogroups.com>, "painter008"
> <painter008@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Is there a list of bad sellers of pre-columbian artifacts?
> Thanks,
> > > Adrian
> > >
> > Hello,
> > I don't know if there is a specific list but we can start one with
> an
> > excellent candidate : "triad2002" this lady sell only fakes as fine
> > antiquities.
> >
> Thanks Francois, perhaps, given the number of fake pc artifacts on
> ebay, it would be quicker to ask for a list of 'good' sellers!!
> Here's
> to more civil interaction in the group. Frankly I wouldn't buy a
> hotdog
> from any of these rabid ranters let alone a Greek coin.
>
>
>
> unsubscribe unsubsribe unsubscribe unsubscribe
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG.
> Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.4/1476 - Release Date: 5/31/2008 12:25 PM
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE