Re: [Ancientartifacts] re ebay seller ancientgifts

This seller is 'Professor Stube', banned from eBay for life as 'timelesstreasure4u'for probably the worst case of shilling ever seen.  Since then he has listed in a variety of guises, notably 'South Urals State University'. 
 
He offers a mixed bag of low grade authentic antiquities, undersized flawed gemstones and outright fakes.  If looking for fakes, try the first picture at the top of the website he links to from his current 'about me' page where there is a common or garden souvenir scarab with Tut III on its back to be getting on with.
 
Pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with this seller, others have been less fortunate.  If you found a genuine Roman intaglio from any seller then you should be pleased, as I am reliably informed that the great majority on the market are fake.
 
Tim
 
-----
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:51 PM
Subject: [Ancientartifacts] re ebay seller ancientgifts

Hi All,

Just a quick message as a follow up to my dealings with the ebay
seller ancientgifts. Now a few months ago I purchased a roman
intaglio from this seller and was delighted with the product until I
read some of the poor reviews that the guy has been getting of late.
I decided to get a second opinion of the intaglio from one of my
fellows on this site, and was natrualy slightly peeved to find that
the opoinion was, that the item is fake.

Well I feel I must let you all know that since then I have taken the
intaglio to a national roman museaum and it has been examined by the
expert in such items and just come back to me as totally genuine. I
feel that it is worth mentioning this as it would seem our freind
from Ancientgifts is getting an awful lot of bad press, now I wonder
if it is all justified?

One thing I can tell you is that when I had firstly found the item
was maybe fake? I did contact ancient gifts, and he was absolutely
adamant that it is genuine. I recieved pages of mail and info from
the guy..in the end he offered full money back if I was still not
satisfied. What was really impressive is that the expert at the
museaum came up with the same date and iconography as the seller, I
have not just jumped to a conclusion here I have done my own research.

Happy Hunting

Kit



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.4/1476 - Release Date: 31/05/2008 12:25

has notified the sender that this message has been received.

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE