[Ancientartifacts] Re: Artemission sell fakes: reply to Daniel

That's a significant percentage of Artemission's ebay listing, and
considering that nobody is disputing Rolf's judgment that these are
fakes one can only assume that they in fact are. And some of these
items are quite low priced, so it's not like one can avoid Artemission
fakes by picking the cheaper items.

The very first antiquity I bought was from Artemission and now I have
to worry that perhaps I bought a fake. As I have mentioned in this
group I am not against the honest selling of good reproductions, but
knowingly deceiving people is always wrong as well as a nuisance.

I wonder why professional associations in the UK such as ADA don't do
something about this situation. - Ah, now I see why: Artemission is
not a member of ADA (see: http://www.theada.co.uk/members.htm), even
though the Artemission site gives the impression that they are (see:
http://www.artemission.com/AboutUs.asp)

Dianelos Georgoudis

--- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "rolf5568"
<heliosgallery@...> wrote:
>
> To speed things up, here are a few examples of fakes currently for
> sale at Artemission's ebay site - I've trawled this as its the
> easiest way to provide links to actual items:
>
> Ebay IDs of items which are blatant and obvious fakes in my opinion:
>
> Item number: 290233966906
> Item number: 290233972083
> Item number: 290234899604
> Item number: 290234238251
> Item number: 290233970604
> Item number: 290233964482
>
> A few more which I'd consider highly suspicious but would need to
> physically examine to authenticate/disclaim:
>
> Item number: 290234238884 (re-painted if not fake)
> Item number: 290234234486
> Item number: 290234241343
> plus others which I'd find harder to justify should anyone wish to
> debate any of the above.
>
> And there's Item number: 290232721250 which, if genuine, is actually
> in violation of UK sanctions. I think we have just about every form
> of antiquities-related crime on one page: impressive!
>
> Quite a high ratio of fakes considering I haven't looked at the
> coins, faience or documents....
>
> Daniel, would you care to explain how a supposedly reputable dealer
> with about 40 years of experience could possibly consider that fly
> thing (item number 290233966906) to be genuine? Or do you perhaps
> think its ancient too? I'm only using this as an example because
> fairly inexperienced buyers can see its obvious flaws.
>
> Shall we go on?
>
> Oh, and in case you try to side-step the issue of Karawani blatantly,
> openly and knowingly selling fakes.... I don't criticise people for
> making mistakes, I make them too, I object to creeps who cheat and
> steal! If that makes me have some sort of personal vendetta in your
> opinion, then so be it, but I think that most people dislike
> fraudsters as much as I do.
>
> Rolf Kiaer
> www.heliosgallery.com
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE