[Ancientartifacts] Artemission sell fakes, reply to Mr Karawani

Mr Karawani,

Before you re-register yourself as another alias for the benefit of
my fragile mental health would you mind commenting on just one or two
items you've sold recently?

http://www.artemission.com/ViewItemDetails.asp?ItemNumber=18.13185

http://www.artemission.com/ViewItemDetails.asp?ItemNumber=18.13183

(Artemission.com, Roman Page 1, stone dolphin and silver head)

USD 1600 and USD 900 seems to me like a lot of money to charge for
items with a combined open market value of around USD 100 (assuming,
of course, that the modern head is actually made from silver).

Perhaps Daniel will comment on your behalf if you're still deciding
on a new identity? But let's try to act like grown-ups, use your real
name and stick to the facts this time so that members like Brian Yare
won't be offended by (my) language.

Rolf Kiaer
www.heliosgallery.com

PS I thought it was illegal to sell modern silver in the UK without
hallmarks... you may want to check that with your over-worked
solicitor.


--- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "rimahrimah"
<rimahrimah@...> wrote:
>
> To be like most of experts of this group, I had two different
names, I
> also admit, the second will also leave. No more links to this group.
>
> Andy
>
> --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "katarm77" <katarm77@>
wrote:
> >
> > To the group,
> >
> > As I am leaving this group I thought I owe to the members the
truth
> > and that my real name is Andy in fact, I am not a dealer and not
what
> > the paranoid one wanted you to believe.
> >
> >
> >
> > To Rolf,
> >
> > Despite our differences I don't have any real quarrel with you
> > personally or deslike or hate towards you though I admit I enjoyed
> > seeing you lose the plot and getting mad at just the sight of a
single
> > specific name. There is something in your act that keeps amusing
me,
> > especially when it looks so genuine and believable to so many
naive
> > members, bless their souls. You are now their ultimate expert,
the
> > one with the knowledge, the hero ;-), I am not expecting any
thanks
> here.
> >
> > Unfortunately and given the fact that my English is not eloquent
> > enough for the group, also feeling sorry for you and not wanting
to
> > be responsible of further deterioration of your mental health I
will
> > bow out and let you perform the dance without my drum. I am sure
you
> > will miss me but there you are, c'est la vie.
> >
> > I will not mention the word Artemission more than this once, so
keep
> > calm a few minutes till I get myself completely out. You will
have to
> > learn to perform without me always around.
> >
> > Lastly I will be very interested to see how much business this
last
> > begging stunt brought you. Please drop me a line when you've
counted
> > all the sales. I promise not to ask for my cut.
> >
> >
> > Ciao all!
> >
> > Andy, my real name.
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com, "rolf5568"
> > <heliosgallery@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Dianelos,
> > >
> > > I'm glad the "flame war" was not wasted, and I hope I've also
> > > demonstrated why so few people are willing to openly discuss
> > > Artemission's business practices and lay themselves open to
infantile
> > > abuse.
> > >
> > > I've known Mr. Karawani for the best part of 20 years so I feel
> > > relatively competent in recognising his less-than-elegant prose
in
> > > the emails of "Andy". Its a shame he won't openly debate items
on a
> > > one-for-one basis but little common sense is required to
understand
> > > why.
> > >
> > > If anyone is confused about Artemission's connection with the
ADA I
> > > suggest they contact the association secretary Susan Hadida on
> > > susan@ or if they're attending the BAAF fair in
> > > Brussels they can also ask the ADA chairman, Jamie Ede, who is
> > > exhibiting as Charles Ede Ltd.
> > >
> > > In fact, I positively recommend doing so!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Rolf
> > >
> > > Rolf Kiaer
> > > www.heliosgallery.com
> > >
> >
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ancientartifacts/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Ancientartifacts-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:Ancientartifacts-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Ancientartifacts-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE