Re: [Ancientartifacts] Bronze idol/

 

Some observations:

 

The position of the arms, the round eyes, the pinched nose - are these characteristic of the Bird faced idols recently discussed! Is it Astarte (Ishtar, etc...)?

 

If it is, and it is bronze - it would seem that it was not intended to be ritually broken!

 

Can anyone kindly suggest books or other sources of information so I can do more research.

 

Thank you to all the kind members for all of your help and time!

Tony
--- On Tue, 6/10/08, nancy_keefer <kentart@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: nancy_keefer <kentart@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Ancientartifacts] Bronze idol/
To: Ancientartifacts@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 4:54 PM

Hello to all you experts,

I have added some photos under the title Bronze idol?. I did show
this piece to Jerry Eisenberg and he said that it was ancient but he
did not have the time to figure out the culture. Jerry is always in a
rush and I admire his energy. Since my big scare on Christmas I
figure that it is time to start tying up some of the loose ends that
have been around for years.

I bought this in Lebanon in the mid 1960's and I guess that it is
time to know what the heck it is. My guess is Hittite.

Wnen you all are finished playing with this I have more mysteries to
come.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Earl Keefer


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

Amazon Video

bUy dvds OnlInE